Mortgage brokerage firm Mortgage Intelligence and its mortgage brokers care about the quality of service delivered to clients.
In accordance with section 103 of the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services (the Act), a complaint may be filed for the following reasons:
- A reproach against a firm or one of its mortgage brokers;
- The identification of real or potential harm that a consumer has sustained or may sustain; or
- A request for remedial action.
Complainants should follow the procedure outlined below to file a complaint:
- Put the complaint in writing, explaining the subject-matter of the complaint, the mortgage broker(s) and/or lender involved, the reasons for the complaint as well as the consequences, and include their contact information.
- Email the complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to
569, boul St-Joseph, suite 204,
Gatineau, Québec, J8Y 4A1,
Attention: Service à la clientèle.
- The firm will contact the complainant within 10 days.
- If dissatisfied with the firm’s processing of the complaint or the outcome, the complainant may ask the firm to have the complaint record examined by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (the Authority) in accordance with section 103.3 of the Act.
- The record will be referred to the Authority, which may suggest conciliation or mediation as set out in section 103.4 of the Act.